Balfour & District (Chamber of Commerce) Business and Historic Association
In The Store
Balfour Gill and Gift is open year round for fishermen, souvenir hounds visitors and locals in need of a little gift , some wrap, and a card. We have put together a remarkable collection of tackle to help make your fishing trip a success and you will not find more Ferry souvenirs and items that say Balfour anywhere else. We are also a prepay full service gas station, regular and diesel and have drinks and snacks to take along on the road.
ON LINE SHOPPING
Due to the many customers calling in for this service, we now offer products for sale via mail order and show some of our the popular tackle listed on the shopping page. You can contact us by email or call directly at 250-229-2113 to place an order. Things not listed but in stock in the store are also for sale. All purchases must be prepaid before product is sent. This can be by credit card over the phone or by cheque that clears before product shipped. Never give your credit card number in your email to us. Give us your phone number and we will call for your card number the day we ship.
- If you fish Kootenay Lake, you'll want to stop here first. We carry the widest selection of tackle and fishing equipment for absolutely miles around and if we don't have, you want it and it's possible we'll bring it in for you. We also have emergency items for boating. We pride ourselves on the competitive pricing and good service we offer. No fisherman (generic man) is unimportant to us. If you do well, so do we. We want to see you succeed at the wonderful sport so will try to be of as much help as we can. We learn from asking questions and would love to hear your fish story.
- Licenses & Tags: Fishing & Hunting licenses available.
- Bait: Live worms, maggots, jarred and synthetic baits
- Accessories: Fireworks (excellent selection), batteries, disposable cameras, flashlights, small camping items i.e. toasters, tent pegs, etc., camp stove gas, gold pans, sun block, insect repellent, mosquito jackets wasp traps, and hats, collector knives, lighters, tobacco, automotive and lots more.
- Souvenirs: Full line of Canadian and Ferry souvenirs: postcards and spoons, flags, magnets thimbles, shot glasses, bells, stuffies, mugs ball caps and t-shirts, hoodies and sweatshirts, Red Canoe Heritage Brand Shirts and Hats, wind chimes, ornaments for the home and the cabin....and those special little Christmas ones you like to pick up on your holidays, available year round at Gill and Gift. Lots of new woodsy items indicative of the area and its wildlife are now in. Moose, bears wolves dream catchers, quality jewelry boxes and photo albums and much more. We carry unique gifts from other countries as well as a nice selection of Canada made items (including B.C. Jade) and Christmas ornaments. When possible we carry some locally made items like soaps, candles, and hand painted things. We have a wonderful supply of Matroyoshka (Russian Dolls) and boxes made in Russia and Poland. the little birch bark boxes are exquisite. Other things too numerous to list.....
- We carry: Ice, phone cards, soft drinks, chips and bars, birthday items & cards, local interest paperbacks, the local papers, etc. We cannot list it all. You can send or receive a fax through us and we're the local Purolator and UPS agents (drop off & pick up).
The Service Station:
- Regular Gasoline, Diesel, basic automotive supplies, air , water, vacuum.
- We are right across the street from the rest area washrooms, bear proof garbage cans, drink recycling can, and doggie scoop bags.
- We try to stay up to date on tourist and charter information to make your stay in our area more enjoyable. Pick up a ferry schedule or a local to do brochure while you are in the store. We are a member of the Balfour Chamber of Commerce and can usually help you find other businesses in our area.
- Does anyone remember these people? Well they are the Gleason Family... one of the past owners of the Balfour Service that used to be the place we renovated to become Gill and Gift. The Gleason family popped in one day and we snapped the photo. We hear that many of you remember them fondly.
- Derek Bill Cindy Samantha
.....and yes we are still definitely the fun store at the Ferry Landing, carrying something in everyone's price range. (Even Fairy Princesses and Daniel Boones)
Emily Lynn and Mikayla Wynne "Fairy Princesses" Little customer tries on the raccoon tail hats.
visit the Gill & Gift (fairy dresses carried by our neighbor
"Blue Sky Clothing Company").